Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fourth of JULY




Another 4th of July has come and passed. My family celebrated with the usual annual family cookout/pool party. I think its safe to say that thanks to the heatwave we are having here in good old New England, the pool was the most honored guest at the party.

I had some great simple food, my mother makes a killer pasta salad that tastes so good, you wouldn't believe how easy it is to put together.



Mom's Red Wine Vinegar Pasta Salad

- 1 box rotini pasta, cooked and drained

- 1 cucumber chopped

- 1 pkg shredded carrots (or four carrots if you are shredding them yourself)

- 3 stalks of celery chopped

- 1 can of black olives (optional)

- 1 can artichokes chopped (optional)

- 1 bottle red wine vinegar dressing



Add all ingredients together in a large bowl, toss with red wine vinegar dressing just before serving. (if you mix it in too long before you serve it, the pasta and veggies will become soggy) Serve extra cold



I know some people out there are very sensitive to soy products, this weekend I tried a new vegan sausage that was delicious, with NO soy. I actually almost spit it out because I thought I took a real sausage by mistake! Fieldroast is an amazing vegan sausage ! I tried the Italian, but I'm eager to try the others! I should have taken a picture of my sandwich before I ate it, but I had the sausage in a sub roll, with some onions, peppers and mushrooms roasted with olive oil on the grill. It was out of this world! In fact I'm craving one now, even thought its only 10 AM and I haven't even finished my coffee yet.






-Comatose Consuelo Can't Handle the Raging HEAT!

















In light of the heatwave and my lack of air conditioning, I'm looking for some recipes that require little to no cooking. (I think if I turn my oven on this week I will literally VOM) Lets see what I can find !

No comments:

Post a Comment