Thursday, July 1, 2010

Birthdays are a time for reflection


Sooo.... its my birthday :)


I love how special I feel when I get happy birthday greetings from people I haven't spoken to in years. I start to think of how lucky I am to have such great people in my life, sure no one is perfect, and nobody gets along ALL the time. But in the grand scheme of things, I have some pretty amazing people surrounding me, and I feel blessed.


I started my morning in the usual way, painfully peeling myself out of bed to get ready to come to work. (Although I did have a nice birthday serenade from Jay) Somehow even the most menial tasks seem special and important on your birthday. I tried to buy a power ball ticket, and the machine was down :( womp womp. Guess I'm not winning millions today!


After I got to work I checked up on a couple of the usual blogs I follow. One being SouleMama.com. This post really inspired me. She lists a few of the things she loves best. Maybe because I can identify with a few of them, and maybe because its my birthday I feel that I should make a list of a few of my likes, reflecting on some of the times of my life that I have felt the most, well, like me.


What I Love Best:


-off season beach trips

-picturesque farms

-windy scenic roads

-lavender

-beagle walks on snowy days

-fireside wine dates

-the colors orange and green
- the popping sound of a newly opened champagne bottle



Can't wait to see what the rest of today has in store for me. Or the rest of this year for that matter <3




No comments:

Post a Comment