Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Whole Wheat Chocolate Jam Muffins

No air conditioning= no sleep

Since when did air conditioning become a prerequisite for sleeping in the summertime in NH!?

Needless to say I got no sleep last night, tossed and turned literally ALL night, and finally decided to get up at 3:00. Yes, 3 AM! GRRRRR! I went downstairs, turned on the lights (GOD only knows the last time I needed to do that in the morning) and thumbed through a cook book, figuring this is the PERFECT time to cure my baking fix during this heatwave. My pantry was pretty barren, but I found a recipe requiring what little items I have left. The recipe was from How It All Vegan by Sarah Kramer and Tanya Bernard. It was their "Anything Goes" muffins. Ha! Perfect I thought- anything does go as long as I have it in my pantry. Still a little bleary eyed from the lack of sleep, I wasn't quite sure how they would turn out, but they ended up being delicious! I added some leftover vegan chocolate chips, and some blueberries, blackberries and raspberries. They were like a whole wheat chocolate jam muffin- in fact that's what I will call them! A nice breakfast treat for the sleep deprivation. Now that Ive tried the basic "anything goes" muffin recipe, ill have to experiment with more variations. ( The next sleepless night/morning I suppose)













--Here they are just cooling off, which I suppose is a relative phrase in this heat.--





What goes better with muffins and sleep deprivation in the wee morning hours than some fresh Organic Bean coffee in the French Press?
All and all, I've had worse mornings, although its 9:30 and it feels like 12:00, I feel like I have a leg up on my day. A word from the wise - When you can't sleep don't bother counting sheep, just wake up and make some muffins !

No comments:

Post a Comment